Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014. The Queen Elizabeth. The Olympics.

I love to watch the Olympics. Every two years, I could be found sitting watching on the television. My favorite place would be in Canada, and on the west coast, so I could watch both the American and Canadian coverage and at a time earlier in the day. But of course, this has never happened to me, at least not yet. I was hopeful that being on a Cunard line, the ship would provide the passengers ample Olympic coverage. Unfortunately that is not the case. The sports channels, of which we have two, shows primarily soccer/football. They show the Premier league and the Bunderstag league and multiple discussions about players and managers, while I know full well that the Olympics are being broadcast somewhere in the world where others are watching. But not me!! There is no use being upset, because I can do nothing about it. I watch the two or three hours being shown each day, which often are repeats, and I remind myself that next Olympics I will be sure to be living in a place when I definitely will be showing the Olympics on the television. Perhaps in 2018, when the winter Olympics will be in Korea, we will visit Vancouver, where I would get my perfect Olympic world. Now the trick will be to remember to plan ahead.

No comments: