Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Modern Lady.

I have become a modern lady. Today I wore two different earrings and was told by the only person who noticed me, that wearing different earrings is very modern. Of course, for me I just picked up the wrong one from my jewelery drawer, but today it was not my lack of good eyesight but my forward thinking that caused me to be modern. Then I arrived home to discover that I was the proud owner of an IPod Shuffle, so the first thing I did on arriving home was listen to Patsy Kline . I was in heaven and sat at my desk reading my mail and nodding along to the tunes. Now this little gadget is about as big as my thumb nail, and there it is, all half full of my favorite music. I have become just like the kids.

My teeth are on their way to being modern too. Last year my Dentist asked me if I was interested in upgrading my teeth. I asked him if my teeth functioned well. He told me that my teeth worked fine, but they were not modern. I laughed and told him that I was not modern either, so I would keep my old fashioned look a bit longer. But I got to wondering what it would take to make into teeth that were modern. I found out and within a week I have done it. For three and a half hours Thursday evening I had two implants installed. It takes six months for the bones to form around the implants. Then on Monday morning at nine o'clock I had four front teeth ready for crowns. I already had two crowns and the other two teeth had fillings in need of replacing, so I bit the bullet and am having the four all with crowns. It took me five and a half hours for the work to be done sitting in the chair with my mouth open. But it is now done, at least until the permanent crowns arrive in three weeks.

Now I am thoroughly modern with my machines and with my mouth. Who would have thought it?

1 comment:

dave buckley said...

Just think! I must be becoming modern too. I had my front teeth capped last spring. Irene B.