Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29, 2009. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Mexico.

The airport was jammed packed full of people. Evidently many others decided to come to the West coast of Mexico and enjoy the sunsets looking over the Pacific Ocean. Every line for checking at Immigration was long. In fact it took us longer than normal to shed the formal part of our arrival. But when we walked into our building and the young men said "Welcome Home", we knew we were really here. Victor, the shuttle driver, told us today that the numbers of people are about the same as last year so I guess the bad press has not hit them too hard over here. The security is tight here. The place also lends itself to multi generation vacations. On our walk today to the Hotel we saw five families with three generation families. Not many single or very young folks here I guess. The crime seems to be drug warlord against drug warlord, fighting for control of their turf. It is a shame.

This morning we went to the shopping mall for breakfast where we both ate crepes. Ever since I was served crepes in Galveston many years ago I have been looking to match the quality at my friend's home. She cooked them herself. They were very simple: two crepes folded over on the plate, sprinkled with powdered sugar and lemon sauce. They were delicious. The crepes I ate this morning were fine but not nearly as good as those crepes in Galveston in 1966. Then we walked down to the Hotel and along the water, finally waiting for Victor to drive us home. The rest of the day we read, at least I read and Ken worked at the computer This was my first test on my Kindle. I have read 12% of the Truman biography and it has been fine. One of my peculiarities is to calculate when I think I will have finished the book. I look at the print size and the number of pages, then determine how many hours I will take to complete the book. One of the problems with the Kindle is I can not see the size of the book, but today I discovered that at the bottom in very small print the % of completion is posted. I am enjoying the book and I enjoyed not lugging so many books here. The sunset tonight was lovely and Ken has promised to try to put the picture on the blog. We will see.

/Users/kennethdickie/Desktop/IMG_0043.jpg

No comments: