Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30, 2009. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Wandering.

Today we wandered through our day. It is such an unusual kind of day for us to just wander from one event to the next with no planning involved or no real goal except to enjoy the day. It was actually a pleasure. Ken brought me a cup of coffee in bed, where I read my Truman book until 9:30. This Kindle business is good. It is so light and portable. After breakfast of oatmeal and bran flakes in the living room, I returned to my Mr. Truman book until 1:30 when we decided to take the shuttle to the golf course for lunch. It is a lovely spot for lunch, watching the eighteenth hole from the balcony amidst all the blossoms and trees. The Spa is at the gold club, so I booked a massage for Wednesday morning. I couldn't convince Ken to have a massage. He does not like to be fiddled with!! Straight home on the shuttle and more reading until 5:30 when we decide to go for a walk. Along came the trolley car so we jumped on to go over to the other side of the canal to continue our walk over there, which we did. While wandering around inspecting the upgrades to the docking system we met a couple from Williams Lake in Northern B.C. who were not happy with their time share, so we pretended to sympathized with them. In actual fact, I should have given them a short course in enjoying what you have in front of you on vacation instead of bitching about what you can not change. After wandering around a bit more, we walked up to take the trolley car back home, except we went to the market for two bottles of wine before walking home.

After drinking a glass of wine we needed some food so ate a bowl of soup at 9:00. Now I can see the ocean from my bed and as the doors are open we hear the roar of the waves. It is all very pleasant. But tomorrow we must get ourselves organized and get to the grocery store in Bucerias. I mispronounce that town all the time and every time I do, Ken corrects me. I wonder how many times will I do it wrong before I get it right. Since I went loopy, Ken corrects me if I make an error with my words, which I appreciate, but once I get a word incorrectly in my head, I have a hard time getting it right. It is very interesting to see me do it wrong so often. Today, all was relaxed and easy and just whiled away our day.

No comments: