Monday, December 11, 2023

 Monday, December 11, 2023, Sleeping

Greetings all.  It is Suzanne writing for Ruth today.  She is in a place where she is unable to direct us as she would like so I am taking it upon my self to share what I think she wants me to.  Ruth is asleep most of the time now and is taking stronger medicine to help her with the pain.  When she is able to speak with us she is making plans and organizing things as was her way when getting ready for a trip.  We have no idea when her last journey will take place but she is as comfortable as we can make her.  As we all know, Ruth is a stoic and somewhat private person about her challenges and is ready for us to leave her be.  We will return as soon as we are needed.  Yesterday, she enjoyed speaking with her brother and having Christina, Molly, Mary Frances, David and I around as we continued the tradition of Sunday brunch. We read her the cards and texts that arrived and shared stories and laughter.  There were three birds sitting in the tree outside her bedroom window yesterday evening as she went to sleep.  It is a beautiful sunny, cold and crisp day here in Madison and Ruth is resting. She knows she is loved and I believe, she is ready for her final trip.  

4 comments:

Peppy Walsh said...

Suzanne, it is so difficult to read this, but thank you for sharing this. Much love to you and your family. Peppy Walsh

Diana Ditto said...

We wish her a peaceful transition and are sending prayers and love to her and all of you. The world will not be the same without Ruth. Such a remarkable person and friend. She will be missed but never forgotten. Love, Gary and Diana Ditto

Sara Lou Cardwell said...

Suzanne, thank you for posting. This entry is truly so hard to read. Ruth is in my heart and on my mind constantly. She is a special person and friend in my life and I will miss her. Love to her and prayers for a peaceful end.
Love to all of you. Sara Lou Cardwell

Marilyn Rice said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Such an amazing woman and such a wonderful family.