Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4, 2023 Christmas Cards

Wendy again. Ruth always gives me a list of tasks when I visit and one of them on this trip was to help her complete all the envelopes for her Christmas Cards. The card is beautiful, with lovely pictures front and back of Ruth smiling, surrounded by her family. 

The first night I was here we managed part of the names from one letter of the alphabet, with my asking questions about each one in my attempts to decipher either her handwriting or her cryptic short forms. She knew what everything meant, but it wasn't always clear to me, so it took a while. The list had 20+ years of changes and corrections, which were not always easy to follow. The intent was we would work away at the list a bit at a time, but it was obviously far too tiring for Ruth to continue. So I have done the best I can over the last few days to address the cards and today I drove to the post office, got stamps for them all and sent them off. 

My sincerest apologies if there are errors or omissions, and I certainly hope that I sorted out the right names with the right addresses. I also apologize for the non-festive nature of the stamps, but apparently the US Postal Service does not have any Christmas stamps available, at least at the Madison PO.  I mean it's only December!

1 comment:

Peppy Walsh said...

Wendy, thank you for helping Ruth. This is so difficult, I know. Please give Ruth a hug for me and give her my love. I am so sad that this is happening. You have been so good to her. XO Peppy