Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 17, 2008. Nuevo Vallarta. Mexico.

I don't know this always happened to me, or it just arrived with aging, but a day of travel means I am not good for much that evening. Ken is even worse. Tomorrow we will be fine, after a good night sleep. I am not quite sure what it is that make me so discombobulated. But it is certainly consistent. I often wonder how these folks fly long distances, then have important meetings the same day. My I.Q. drops the evening of travel.

Abigail chose well, asking to celebrate her birthday at The Melting Pot. Our dinner last night was fun and festive, as well as eating good food. Fondue was popular when we were young, in fact we had two pots and many long forks. But I gave them all away when we moved from Franklin Street, as we had not used them for many years. Now they are back in fashion. The Melting Pot has been open several years in San Antonio and is doing well. David recalled birthday dinners at Benihana's in Bethesda, and the feeling is similar. The four girls loved the action, and by the time we were finished, they all felt like chefs. Of course we ordered the feast, so we had four courses. They brought stuff to play with, but the evening just flew by. No question, celebrating your ninth birthday at The Melting Pot meant for a memorable event, and Abigail was happy.

In order to get to our spot in Mexico, you go to Houston, then direct to Puerto Vallerta. While waiting to change planes, we went to the Continental lounge, using our American Express card. The lounge was full of business men. And they were all drinking. Do all business men drink at noon when they travel? I have not noticed this before. My goodness, this drinking added to the travel will decrease expertise! I think I am just getting old.

No comments: