Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 30, 2008. Mexico. Working Out.

Exercise places are all different. The machines are different and the sizes are different. But the people are all the same. Today some seriously fit ladies were at the gym. They were skinny and very strong, lifting very heavy weights. I could not tell if they were together because all they did was use the machines and weights. Then they were gone. All gyms have seriously intense people working out, but usually they are men, but today, it was the ladies who were the hardest working people in the place. Of course, every gym has at least one or two people who are there to work out and also to be friendly, so they take their time using a machine, and then talking to someone. I always want to have a stop watch, to track how much exercising they are actually doing, except I don't really care, except when I hear their constant and inane conversations. The people I really love to watch are those good folks who really want to get fit, but just can't break a sweat. The weights are very light and the repetitions are few in number, and of course the rest periods are lengthy and the water cooler breaks numerous too. It all seems to be a good idea, but the whole concept is just too tiresome. They always wear good clothes though. The life blood of the exercise world are the good folks that come in and get on with their work out and never say a word to anyone. They sweat, lift weights, use the machines then get on with the rest of their day. Now I want to be in that group. At the moment, the best
part of my work out is having a hot tub after my exercise program is over.

Yesterday, Ken and I read all day. I almost finished "The Private Patient" by P.D. James, one of our Christmas books from Dave and Irene. I am lacking a dictionary here, and as Ms. James has a large vocabulary, I missed a couple of words which is very irritating. The three things we want to do this trip in Mexico is to loose some weight, walk every day, and work out three times each week. The rest of the time we will read. I will be in heaven!!

3 comments:

Set said...

You can use an online dictionary on the internet. Here is one I found - http://www.merriam-webster.com/. Happy New Year

dave buckley said...

or just google the word

Dave.

Rambling with Ruth said...

I am so grateful for smart friends and relatives. Ruth.