Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009. Western Head, N.S. Socks.

The good ladies of Liverpool knit the most wonderful socks. Fortunately, they sell these socks at craft fairs and at Memory Lane. Why they sell them at Melody Lane I do not know, because Memory Lane is a photography and framing and computer store, but I only know that I am grateful. These socks are part of my survival kit in Nova Scotia.

These socks are made of a blend of wool and nylon so they are warn but wash without shrinking. They tell me that the socks are 90% wool which why they are warm. But these socks are quite thin so they can be worn in a regular shoe. Before I discovered these wonderful socks I was almost always cool, even in July, but since I own twelve pair of these colored wool socks, I am never cold. These socks come in many different patterns and colors. In addition, I even have three pair of black socks in this wool, so I wear them even going out when I am dressed up. I am sure that I look peculiar, because everyone else is wearing sandals and shorts while I wear long pants and wool socks. Some time in August, when the weather is very warm and the temperature reaches seventy five degrees, I leave off my socks and wear my teva's, but for the moment, to survive and thrive in Nova Scotia, I need these wonderful colored wool socks. This morning, when I got dressed, the sun was shining, so I decided that I no longer needed to wear my socks. That was a mistake. I wore my sandals all day and have been chilly the whole time, so now at five o'clock, as I am organizing dinner for tonight, I will return to my old ways and wear these wonderful wool socks. Only then am I totally comfortable.

No comments: