Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 16,2007

Yesterday was  a travel day. Quite remarkable what  happens to a traveler in the modern world.  On the one hand you zip all over the world in no time flat and on the other hand you wait in line for one hand in order to obtain a boarding pass. Nothing to
 be done except wait...and watch for your fellow travelers. I noticed one couple  six places ahead of us.  I noticed because they were not moving ahead as quickly as they could have.  You know the drill.  The person ahead of you  moves up and then you move up.  But this couple did not move, except every so often.  S I started to take  a closer look.
This young man was the best natured person I have seen in a long time. They were a couple and a child of about 3.  The  line was very long, the airport was crowded, jackets we were wearing were too hot, but this young man was having a good time.  He went for coffee for his wife.  He played with the little girl. He talked and laughed with his wife.The rest of us were polite and mannerly, but he seemed to be enjoying the whole process.  I really wanted to ask him what he did for a living.
O I have learned from this anonymous young man.  Next time I am in a long line I am determined to enjoy myself and have. fun...and I am determined to get to the airport early so I can avoid the long lines.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I see you got in to your blog. Nice lesson. Enjoy the moment whatever it is. Have a Merry Christmas!