Monday, December 24, 2007

December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve...the most thrilling night of the year for the children.  

My posting of yesterday made me seem to be the most self indulgent person in the world.But the truth is, I am merely trying to plan ahead.My grandmother lived to be 95, and I'm out to beat her age.  So if I intend to be active at 90 I have to keep myself fit and active at 70, and 80.  One of the aspects of my personality is that I can not stop planning ahead.  I know I drive everyone  else crazy, but the truth is, I am hard wired for planning ahead.

As a kid I could figure out how to make my life easier, what teachers were the ones to pay attention to, what classes I needed to take for the next level. And what I am going to do next.  This has worked very well at my jobs, and the office has been well served by my attention to the future.  But I think I drive everyone else around me somewhat crazed.  Most of the time I just pretend I am living only for the moment, but my head is always churning . It is interesting how some qualities stay with you your whole life.  Maybe everything.

Ken and I are going to go to a very nice restaurant in the Marine area of Puerto Vallarta. I want to go in a taxi. Ken wants to go on the bus.  I'll let you know the results tomorrow.

1 comment:

AJD said...

My bet is on the bus! You can't resist indulging one another, which is a nice thing.

Merry Christmas!

A