Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18, 2008. Checy Chase, Md. Timing.

I have been waiting for almost ten years and now it has happened. I have light colored streaks in my hair. As I aged, my hair turned darker, becoming a light brown or ash color rather than the blond of my youth. The darker color was not pleasing to me, so I began to have streaks of light color applied to my hair every six months or so. I did not like having it done. It was too costly and time consuming. One day, while having my hair cut, I was asked by my hair cutter, when I was going to come in to have my hair highlighted. I told her that, as I was aging and probably will begin to get grey hair, I was no longer streaking my hair, but would let my hair get light naturally. Of course, she was not impressed with my theory, and informed me in no uncertain terms, that as I had ash colored hair, I would always have to lighten my hair artificially. Well I did not like this response, but I said nothing and did nothing but wait.

Now it has arrived. You can see very clearly the grey streaks in my hair. The human body is wonderful. Things happen to you during your life over which you have no control. All you can do is enjoy the process and be pleased with the results. It took patience on my part, but at last, I do not pay to apply those light tones in my hair. I have arrived.

No comments: