Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June3, 2008. Ammarilo, Texas. Haircuts.

You can not believe what I looked like!!Bill the Barber asked me to look in the mirror, after he had finished cutting my hair. My shock must have registered for a second, before I told him my hair was all right, because he offered to trim me up a bit. I laughed and told him that after I washed my hair, it would be fine. Actually, I was hoping it would be fine. Actually, I looked a fright. Both Ken and I needed a haircut, and while driving through Vega, a town 20 miles west of Amarillo, we stopped to find a beauty salon, but what we found was a barber named Bill. His barbershop was built in 1892, and I swear it has not been changed since that time. I asked him if he could Ken's hair and he responded "You bet'cha". He said the same to the request about my hair. Ken sat down and his hair looked fine, although a little short. But for me, he gave me a different feminine look, said he. My hair was slicked to my head all over. It was an amazing look. Bill was very interesting, and gave us lots of information about Vega and Amarillo and the area. The best part was that we are both neat and tidy, and it cost ten dollars each. But I did look a sight, and still do. Anyone who has their hair cut in a dying town like Vega, done by a retired barber from New Mexico, whose barber shop could be used in a movie from the early twentieth century deserves to look a sight...and I do.

No comments: