Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18, 2008. Western Head, N.S. Quiet.

Yesterday we went to the cottage. The day was sunny and warm, a perfect day for swimming. It is unusual at our lake, but yesterday we had a pesky sea-doo buzzing around the raft. Also water skiing was happening right in front of the cottage. In fact, once they drove right between the raft and the dock. It is interesting to watch, but I prefer the peace and quiet. We are really spoiled. While Ken went for a paddle in the Poke boat, I wrote notes sitting on the dock, and of course, I went swimming once or twice. I wonder what the ski boat would do if I had been in the water. Our late lunch up on the deck was where we saw the boat and skier between the raft and dock. It is actually quite dangerous as submerged rocks are in that area. One day soon we will stay out at the cottage all day, and might even stay over night. It is a lovely quiet place, but we do love to hear the sound of the surf at night, so we are prone to sleep at our ocean house.

Saturday was the day to get the house in order. Ken spent all afternoon tracking down lost kites and removing the tangles. Then he pinned them up on the clothes line in the garage, all ready for next year. In years past, the kites were stored on top of the garage refrigerator, but we have so many, I suggested that we needed a proper storage, so Ken cleverly used the clothes line. They look cheery, with their gaily colored shapes all in a row. Now all the beds are made and the towels washed and put away. My desk no longer is covered with stuff. The folders from our celebration are put in a box ready for storage here and all the books returned to their proper place. I have done nothing about the toys, as the Mitchell children were still here, and they like to come over and play on Connor and in the garage with the toys. They left yesterday afternoon, so soon I will attack and organize the toys. After that, I can return to my reading and walking.

More friends are leaving. The Elys leave for home tomorrow and Gill leaves on Wednesday. Only the Mitchells and us will be here to hold the fort. The quiet will be defeafening, I am sure, but we will enjoy it too, I am sure.

No comments: