Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Something Good.

I believe that something good comes from everything, even though that 'something' might not be to my liking.

For instance, my sister-in-law, Wilma, is a perfect example.   When Ken's brother was diagnosed with a recurrence of his cancer,   I knew I could do little to be helpful to either Keith or Wilma, who live in Brandon.  I decided that if we lived nearby, I could stop by for a cup of tea just to say hello and to give Wilma a break from caring from Keith, but as I live far away, I would do the same by e mailing Wilma a short note every day, just to say hello.  So I did and Wilma appreciated the break in her day.  My e mails were not profound or important in any way but they merely interrupted her day and provided a change of scene, without leaving home.

Sometimes Wilma would respond but mostly I just sent some words her way, telling what we were doing.   The good part of a difficult time has been that Wilma and I are better friends.   Now, Wilma and I correspond regularly and she is sharing in our lives more than ever in the past,  as I am with her family and friends.   It is certainly true, that in this difficult sad event for all of us, Wilma and I have cemented our bond.  And that is a good thing.

No comments: