Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Women and Responsibilities.

I have lived through the years of women seeking well paying jobs.  And I have lived through the years where women were seeking equal pay for equal work.   I taught at the time when a teacher was paid differently if you were married or had children, not  degrees  or  years you  taught.  Economically, women are better off then ever.

Recently, I have been told by three women,  who are married and have children, that they have decided to sever the marriage.   I can not say enough of the foolishness of that behavior.   I believe that when you have children, you are obligated to maintain the family unit and together, husband and wife raise those children.    The idea that the woman has the right to decide to no longer be married is irresponsible.

I believe that women must make their own life outside the family unit while retaining the family unit.  Women have the responsibility to remain married and to work out with their spouse any issues giving problems.  Physical violence of course is a different matter, but in the three women I mention, we are not talking about anything except that the woman was not happy.  I say "Get over it.  Suck it up and find things that bring joy".  There is no excuse for women to terminate their responsibilities.  None.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Ruth. "Suck it up and find things that bring you joy." There is no excuse to terminate responsibilities . . .except of course selfishness.
Sacrifice what you want for what your children NEED!