Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Weeding.

The older Ken gets, the more he will tolerate weeds.  The other day, Gill and I were sitting by the pond and Gill commented that the garden around the pond needed to be weeded.  My response was to tell her about Ken's attitude to weeds.  But today, Rite weeded all around the front and side of the pond.  She found hostas that were lost in the weeds.   It looks lovely but  now the rest of the area around the pond needs weeding.  And Rita and Ian have gone to Bridgewater.

Claussen and I agreed this morning that it was dangerous for us to weed the garden because we would pull out the good stuff and leave the weeds.  The truth is,  weeds are whatever you do not want in the garden.  Some of the so called weeds are pretty.   Plants treasured in  parts of the world are considered weeds in other spots.  I actually prefer the flower beds all neat and tidy but it is Ken's garden so I leave it alone.   For many reasons, it is dangerous for me to weed.

No comments: