Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Good Taste.

I always wonder where good taste comes from in a person.  You know when you see it in a person by the choices they make, but I don't know how they got that way.   Last evening we were invited for dinner at the home of Brian and Cathy.  Now Brian is a builder and one would expect a solid, lovely home, situated on land overlooking the ocean but how does in happen that the inside of the home is beautifully decorated too.    Every object is lovely and fits into the whole sense of the home.

If they lived in San Antonio or Bethesda I would assume that a decorator had put the home together with all the objects fitting together.  But no decorator lives in Liverpool and  I know that Cathy has purchased every object herself.    Most of the artists are local.  The whole house is exquisite but comfortable.  Every time you look in another spot of the home you come upon another lovely object.  It was such fun to spend the evening in their home.

But I did always wonder about the choices.  Some people just are born with good taste I guess.

No comments: