Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23, 2012. Ridgeland, MS. A Book.

Joseph Epstein is the author and his latest book is "Essays in Biography".   I am enjoying it.  Most of the personalities written about lived in the 20th Century so were all known to me, but these short biographies fill in the details.  Georg Eliot is the exception.  The truth is that I am basically nosey and enjoy reading about other peoples lives and how they led their lives and this book gives me just enough information so whet my appetite.   Mr. Epstein is a good writer.  Several of these essays had previously been published so I had read them before but they were worth reading a second time.

I have read many of Mr. Epstein's short stories and essays but the only full length book I had read was Friendship, which was without much real meat.  But this collection of short biographies are well worth reading.  He recently published a book called Gossip.  Now that one should be interesting too.

No comments: