Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. Travellling.

It is so interesting watching people in the airport.    I watch couples, to see if they match.   Today, waiting in Cancun I spotted two couples who were both very tall.    Now I was sitting,  so heights are difficult to judge, but by looking at normal people walking by, it seemed to me that the man must have been six feet 8 inches tall, and his wife was not too much shorter.   It is unusual to spot one very tall couple and I saw two within an hour.  

Everyone at the airport was returning from a resort.  I don't know what they were thinking but I spotted lots of ladies still wearing resort attire.   I saw many flip flops, lots of see through bathing suit cover ups, and many many straw hats, both on the men and women.  A straw hat on the beach is useful but in the airport it is just a nuisance.

Sitting right next to us was a group heading for Baltimore.  There were eight or ten in their group, coming and going and chatting, but never speaking to me.  They all seemed to be in their thirties.  The husband of one of the women joined the group and sat one seat over from me.  He seemed pleasant.  But within a few minutes, I realized that we needed to walk around.  He really smelled bad.   I was so surprised.   It was all I could do to ask him what was smelling but I held my tongue.  I was certainly pleased to be going to another city.  I would have hated sitting beside him on the airplane!!

No comments: