Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4, 2012. Harper, Texas. House Cleaning.

This morning while drinking coffee in my comfortable chair in the bedroom I spied dust under the bed. A normal person would have immediately gotten out the vacuum or broom to sweep up that dust.   But I did nothing, except to realize that there was dust under my bed.   I have learned to tolerate dust.

Now I am not normally lazy but I really don't like cleaning the house and I do not really know why.   In the early years of our marriage I always cleaned the house with no problem but the first time we had two incomes, I hired a cleaning lady.  That was the year Ken was an Intern.   The cleaning lady was  retired and a friend of my Mother, so I paid her to work a full day.  She cleaned our apartment in the morning and took the bus to my Mother and cleared her apartment in the afternoon.  Then she and my Mother had dinner together.  It was a wonderful arrangement for everyone.  I was hooked for life.

I have had someone to clean my house from that time to now, except when we moved to Bethesda and I was not working.  As soon as I had income, I hired.  My friend Mary has cleaned her own house ever since she retired, mostly for the exercise.  And I noticed when visiting my sister in laws house that her house is much cleaner than any of my houses.  She also cleans her own house since she retired.

Maybe I am just lazy but I really don't enjoy cleaning my own house.  My dear sister in law Rita will agree.

No comments: