Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Parking.

Anyone watching me would think I was nuts.   This morning at the grocery store, it took ages for me to find a parking spot that suited me.   I was driving the old truck.  It has issues.   It is a truck so is long and wide and it is old,  so has no beeper when backing  into a solid object, so I like to park right beside an end of the line of parking spaces.  I need to be able to load the groceries.  And of course,  I want to drive forward.  No backing up for me.   This morning, it must have taken me ten minutes to find the perfect parking place.

Normally, when parking, I drive directly to the spot and park,  usually as far away as possible from the entrance of the store, in order to have a longer walk.   When Ken is parking, he searches for the closest place, but not me.   I immediately park, except when I am at the grocery store.    Today, I got the giggles, as it took me several trips around the lot to find the perfect spot.   Finally I hit the jackpot and I was happy.

When returning to the truck with all my groceries, I had plenty of space to load up, as I had parked in the last spot in the row,  and I drove right ahead to leave the lot.   Anyone watching me would know I was very old, or very crazy, or maybe both.  But I knew what I wanted and it just took awhile to reach perfection.   Parking a truck in the parking lot of the grocery store is not easy!!

No comments: