Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013. Western Head, N.S. A Tea Party.

We sat around the dining table and drank a cup of tea,  just like in the good old days.   The cups were fancy porcelain cups and saucers along with pretty small plates.   I poured the tea at the table.   And we ate small squares of cheese cake.   It was very elegant, with the five of us sipping from our fancy cups.  

Shirley and Ted live in Toronto.    Several years ago they rented the house owned by Gill,  right next to her own house.  For some reason, I invited them to a party in our home and they became one of our group.   Ever since that time, they have spent a month in Nova Scotia, and we always get together.   Now they rent a house at the end of Summerville Beach.    Originally they came to visit their former neighbors from Toronto, who moved to open the Morton House, a lovely B&B.   Of course, we are good friends with Martin and Myles too so perhaps that is why we have all become friends.

Ted is a real estate agent in Toronto and he likes to talk business with me, but I change the subject.   I am a "has been".   He told a story today that I had a difficult time keeping quiet.  One day I will tell him how he should have handled the situation, maybe.

I have decided that I will use the fancy cups more often.   The table looked lovely.

No comments: