Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14, 2014. Ormond Beach, Florida. Central Florida.

I knew nothing about Central Florida as a term until we watched their football team beat Alabama. We did not even know where the university was housed. But for the past two weeks, we have lived in Central Florida and I have been reading local papers Now I know a lot about Central Florida. In any conversation I could bore you with facts. One thing I know is that Central Florida is growing. Orlando will host the quarter finals of the NCAA basketball tournament this year. The University is just outside Orlando and has a big campus. Daytona Beach is working hard to upgrade their strip. It is a bit tacky with not much changed since the 70's but the papers are full of projects that are already under way. Right now our town of Ormond Beach is quiet. Ken had his hair cut yesterday and the hairdresser was complaining about the lock of people. The wonderful grocery store was not a bit crowded so perhaps the beginning of February is when the Canadians come south. Tomorrow we will drive north up the coast to St.Augustine, the oldest city in the US. Dave and Irene have been there but Ken and I have not. Central Florida is already interesting to me. Like everything else, the more I learn of a topic, the more interesting it is, Central Florida too.

No comments: