Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9, 2014. Kissimmee, Florida. The Rain Etc.

We four did not think it rained all day in sunny Florida, but we were wrong. When leaving for the restaurant at 2:30, we discussed walking but finally decided to drive, which was fortunate as it was raining cats and dogs on the way home. All the Buckley offspring are now home. It was not easy, due to the extreme cold. Folks got stuck in all kinds of odd places. The Vancouver Buckleys spent two extra days in Florida and wisely played tourist, renting a car. Now everyone is home and the four of us are pleased to be in the south. Our time in Florida has been pleasant and lazy. After rising late, we lingered over breakfast then ate a late lunch. Today we had a delicious meal at an Italian restaurant just around the corner. There are so many restaurants in Kissimmee and Orlando that finding a good restaurant is easy. We enjoyed dinner. I have already packed my case. Tomorrow we drive to the coast and will be at Orman Beach for a week. So far, I have not lost anything. But it means I must keep my wits about me. And today, the Internet is working. Whew.

No comments: