Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23, 2014. Norwegian Star. The Panama Canal.

We are slowly cruising along the man mad lake of The Panama Canal. What a thrill. I have known about the Panama Canal all my life and I have watched ships enter the lock while watching from the shore, but it is more remarkable seeing the 8 story gate open, right before your eyes. Our wake up call at 5:45 was successful and we joined a few passengers at the bow on our deck 8. We watched as we approached the massive gate. Ken suggested we eat breakfast in the Versailles, right at the stern, so we enjoyed our breakfast while looking at the gates closing. All the while, a narrator told us on the PA what was taking place. Later after lunch, we enter more locks to put us into the Pacific Ocean. Now we have a certificate, telling of our traverse. I bet I don't keep it, but it was wonderful doing it. And it is not over!!

No comments: