Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014. At Sea. New Years Resolution.

Here it is the second day of January and no one has said a word about new years resolutions.  And no one has said anything about where they want to go in 2014.   I am surprised with myself because typically I raise the issue at dinner, and here we are on the second day of the new years and I have not said a peep.

That is not quite true.   Just casually, Wendy at dinner mentioned that her focus has been on the two family events in the fall and she surprised herself by realizing that she has no plans for travel in 2014,  at least not yet.     And Ken and Anne realized that they spent $20,000. on family type travel in 2013.  Her family, the Trudells, had a reunion in Quebec, in addition to our 55th and David and Irene's 60th.  They also included the both kids visit to France, Alise for a semester at the Sorbonne and Eric to visit her.   The Vancouver Buckley's may stay put this year.

Last year, my resolution was to attend more concerts.  I have not done it in 2013, but in 2014 we will attend the International Ballet Competition, to be held in Jackson, Mississippi.   Christina will buy us good tickets to every session so I will not miss a performance.   The competition is held every year in other countries, but only every four years in Jackson.  In 2010 we were fortunate to be in Jackson.   We attended three sessions, which I loved.  My plan was to be arrange to be in Jackson the next time, 2014, and we have done it.  God willing, we will attend every session of the competition.  And that should be enough for the next four years until the competition returns to Jackson in 2018.  

Tonight, I will still raise the issue of resolutions with our group.  It will be interesting with their response.  

No comments: