Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 16, 2008. Chevy Chase, Md. My Life.

Every two years I am required to renew my real estate license, and during that time period, I must take 15 years of continuing education classes. This is not difficult because once a month we give classes in the office. Jeannie, one of our very experienced agents organizes the classes for all the agents, for which we are all very grateful. The classes are held once a month for ten times. August and December we hold no training classes at all, as the training team takes a well deserved break. During the two years for my renewal, thirty hours of classes were held in the office. In addition, classes are given at Realtor Fair and the National Convention, so normally I have many more credit hours that necessary to renew my license. Until not that is. Regina informed me at the beginning of October that I had no credit hours. None. How could this have happened? Why did I allow myself to be under the gun? Total stupidity, that is the only answer.

Now I am racing from one class to another, to try to get my classes completed prior to December 6. Friday morning at seven o'clock a.m. I was in my place in an office in Wheaton, along with eight other sleepy folks, to obtain three hours under my belt. Wednesday afternoon I obtained four and one half hours, all taught by one older man who taught many incorrect bits of information. Only once did I feel the need to make one correction. Regina has set up my schedule so I will have my classes completed in time, but it leaves me running hither and yon from morning to night. One lady from Damascas was at the early session, and told me that she always completes all her hours in one long session. On Friday she will sit in class all day, and finally will finish the full fifteen hours at 11:00 p.m.. I asked her why she does it this way, and she says tjat she liked it that way. Now I bring paper work with me, that I can complete with out bothering the class. Of course I must be careful to sit behind a large person. I signed Christmas cards in both classes. I asked this all day lady what she was bringing to keep herself awake all day and evening. She said that she brings only snacks and juice, but she tries to keep alert by becoming involved with the class and the teacher. Now that was a novel approach for me, because I try hard to try not to interact with the teacher, because when they find out where I work, they ask me lots and lots of questions, and when they find our that I am a Manager in that office, they start asking me to answer all the questions. So I have learned to keep a low profile and keep quiet, and keep signing my cards or write my notes.

This year I have accepted the lesson. I am now humbled, but next year I will pay attention throughout the year and I will attend the classes in the office. I promise. In addition, Regina is going to be on my case and we do not mess with Regina!!

No comments: