Friday, November 28, 2008

November 28, 2008. Jackson, Mississippi. Stupid.

We got there. Now we have spent the bulk of the day with Andrew and Christina and the three girls, and Linda Creath. Kate is almost as tall as me. Molly and Mary Frances look about the same. The high light of the day for Kate was that she had cranberry cake for dessert at lunch, and pie for dessert at dinner. Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year. The first time we spent Thanksgiving dinner at the farm with the girls, Christina baked a cranberry almond cake along with the pumpkin pies. The cake was wonderful and we ate it every day with our afternoon tea. After the weekend I asked Kate what she liked best about Thanksgiving and her studied response was that she liked having dessert at lunch and with tea and with dinner. The cranberry cake has been a part of our Thanksgiving season from that day until now. It is a wonderful cake.

Our trip was uneventful, except I stupidly left my eye drops on the plane. Now I take these drops every four hours. When I fly, the small bottles leak, due to the change in air pressure, so Ken suggested I keep the bottles upright while on the plane. It has been my habit to place the bottles in the pocket in front of the seat. Today I forgot to pick it up and I left these five small bottles on the airplane. I called Southwest immediately, but the plane had already left Jackson. They are tracking it, but I have no hope of getting them back. The modern world is a wonderful place. I spoke to my drug store, who told me what to do. Twenty minutes later I picked up five new bottles of my drops. Now I am in business again. Now I must admit that I am not functioning as well as I would like to be doing. Or perhaps this is merely a way to keep me humble. But we are in Jackson, we are in our hotel, and tomorrow we will feel like locals. So far, this place looks very nice.

No comments: