Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26, 2009. Bethesda, Md. Celebrity.

I wonder if it was always like this, where people become celebrities just because they are famous at one thing. It is one aspect of modern life that does not please me. The modern world is the world I love, because of the ease of communications, travel and medicines, but when I hear all about Michael Jackson dying on every station of every radio it makes me nauseated. Here we have a person born with great gifts who worked hard being famous, then could not tolerate the life of a celebrity. Instead he chose to ruin his life by having any and every plastic surgery to his body and face, leaving him looking ridiculous. Then, despite high income, managed to go in debt to the tune of four hundred million dollars. He had a talent but was never grateful. Instead he squandered his life away. Now all you hear is that we, the public, should be sorry for him.

At any time in the life of a famous person, if they can not tolerate the life of a celebrity, they could return to private life and take themselves out of the public domain. Many entertainers have led a full and active private life, all the while keeping their profession of singing or acting or athletics out in the public domain. I have no patience for complaints when the person made themselves famous by doing everything in their power to be in the public eye. I hate the interest in celebrity. I love to know of competent people who can do something well, but have no interest other than what they bring to the table. That is why I don't like the show 'Dancing with the Stars'. First off, these people who dance are not stars, they are just ordinary people who have played some part on TV, and now try to dance well with a professional dancer. I hate celebrity today. Bah Humbug.

No comments: