Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013. Harper, Texas. Cheesy fries.

We as humans are very unreliable.   For months and years we go along doing the right thing, eating no butter and fat, just like the doctor ordered.  Then one day, without further ado,  an item is ordered for lunch  that will give indigestion all afternoon, to say nothing of clogging the arteries.  

Ingram is a small town just outside Kerrville.  Our task today was to shop at Walmart.  We still need items for the 55th such as shampoos and soaps for the trailers, chalk for the children, plus more trash cans for outside.   The River Cafe has good food and we have had lunch there many times.   One man runs it all by himself, which is always impressive.  Also his food is good.   Every day he has a special, which we almost always order because it comes faster.    On the way in, I noted the special and thought to myself that neither of us would ever order it.

Ken stopped into the restroom while I ordered for myself and waited for him.  I ordered a Reuben.  Ken ordered the Special, which was cheesy fries with chili.  I was stunned.

I must report that he ate every bit and said that it was delicious.   We human beings are unpredictable for sure.

No comments: