Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013. Harper, Texas. Stores.

Somehow or other, you feel good when you shop in a well run store.  You feel confident and comfortable while shopping, and on the drive home you are happy.   Twice in the past two days that has happened to me.

Yesterday after our purchases, Ken decided to get his hair cut, at a salon that only takes walk ins.   It was in the same mall and was right next to a Target, so I went for my walk all around Target while Ken had his hair cut.  Suzanne loves to shop at Target, as does Christina but I have only been in one store and that was in Jackson, Mississippi.   That store was fine.  I purchased four pairs of shorts and left quickly.   But this store in New Breunfels was new and large and beautiful.  I walked up and down every isle, inspecting the merchandise as I walked quickly past the rows.   The shelves were full and orderly and the staff polite.   With no intention to buy anything, I could not resist buying pillows for the 55th.  Great store and clean as a whistle.  No wonder Target gets such rave reports.

This afternoon on the way to the ranch, Ken and I shopped at the HEB in Fredericksburg.  I was reminded yet again about what a fine store is HEB.   This store has everything a person would want in a grocery store.   It is clean too with plenty of staff to help.  No lines to check out either.   And they sell many many foods that are all prepared, which are perfect for me.  I love HEB, especially the one in Fredericksburg.  The other interesting aspect of grocery shopping here is that the fellow shoppers speak to you as you pass on the isles.  I finally decided that every one is so happy shopping in HEB that they just say hello and smile to everyone.  It is very unusual and kind of nice.

No comments: