Friday, August 14, 2015

August 14, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Swimming.

Today was a red letter day at the cottage.  I went swimming in the lake.   The day was beautiful so after lunch and a short nap, I put on my bathing suit and sat by the water on the deck and waited for Ian to come down in his bathing suit.  I knew it would be tricky for me to get in and out of the water so I needed a strong arm.   The sky was bright blue with white puffy clouds in the distance and the sun was shining so I knew it was time to get in the lake.

Ian helped me until I was able to float.   I did not actually swim much, just moved around on my back and Ian did not want me going out to the raft where it was deep, but the water was lovely.  Rita, who is a non swimmer, came into the water too, along with the help of two noodles to keep her afloat.  And Ian who is a good swimmer swam to the raft and back.  I did not stay long in the water but it was a milestone.  Today was the first time this summer that I have been in the lake.  And all last year in Mexico I could not go into the pool because of the drain from my chest.  Next time I will swim further and stay in the water longer.  But today was a first step and I was pleased.

No comments: