Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Friends.

Since Rita and Ian have left, friends are taking pity on us.    Mary and Walt and Larry and Jan have been bringing us dinners.   It has been a fancy Meals on Wheels and I love it.  In a conversation with son David, he admonished me to be sure to eat properly.  I assured him that we were eating like kings, thanks to our friends.

Yesterday at lunch we ate seafood chowder made by Larry and Jan.  Delicious it was with lots of lobster, scallops and shrimp along with fish.   For dinner we ate roast pork, made by Mary,  which she sent with all the trimmings, including applesauce and gravy.  Lunch today consisted of salmon cakes made by Larry and Jan along with coleslaw.  When I left the coffee party at Larry and Jan's this morning they sent me home with cookies for Ken.  They leave for England tomorrow.

While we were eating the left over pork for dinner at 7:00, Mary and Walt arrived with our dinner for tomorrow night, which was a pasta she had cooked for themselves tonight.   Ken and I are living high on the hog indeed!!


No comments: