Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 27, 2015. Western Head, N.S. 57th Anniversary.

Today was the day, 57 years ago, that Ken and I were married.   Tonight we celebrated with our good friends in Nova Scotia.    Our cocktail party was small and pleasant.  Neither Ken nor I can manage social events that last for a long time so this time I specified a time period for friends to stop by for a glass of wine.  The time period had a start and a stop time and fortunately, everyone was gone by just after 7:00.  I have never done that before but I have little choice.

And Rita and Ian leave tomorrow morning early, so friends also were saying goodbye.   Both Doreen and Don along with Rita and Ian have looked after us well this summer.  We are grateful for their help. I suspect that Ken and I eat better meals when we have folks living with us.   But we will be by ourselves for 12 days.  Then we leave for Texas on September 8.

Today was a quiet celebration, which both Ken and and I enjoyed.   One highlight was brought by Jan and Larry.  They arrived carrying platters, one of roast lamb and the other of smoked salmon and endives with capers.  Unexpected but delicious.  And the roses from Rita and Ian looked beautiful on the coffee table.   The champagne brought by Wendy and Clausen added a festive touch.  Always frugal Gill gave us a lovely card, unsigned, but with a note inside, so I can re-use the card another time.  Friends have given us much pleasure over our 57 years of  marriage.  They certainly did tonight.

No comments: