Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Shopping.

For the first time in a almost a year, I went shopping.    I was surprised to discover that I had missed it.  When  I was diagnosed with this dire disease,  the good doctors recommended that I stay away from crowds of people in order to avoid infections, so I stayed out of grocery stores.   But yesterday morning, while Doreen was doing the grocery shopping in preparation for our dinner party, I went to the liquor store to buy the wine.   We decided that there would be very few people in the liquor store first thing in the morning.  We were correct.   I had the place to myself.

The grocery store and the wine store are adjacent so when I was finished, I waited for Doreen at the front of the grocery store in the sitting area of the deli section.  And I drank a cup of coffee which was also a milestone as I have not been able to drink coffee.  Don visited the hardware store and joined us for coffee before we headed home.  I was delighted to discover that I actually enjoyed selecting the wine and drinking my coffee.  And no one else was sitting in the dining area so I was alone, but I could watch the people walking by in the distance doing their grocery shopping.   Simple pleasures bring satisfaction once again.  I did not know I had missed the shopping.

No comments: