Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10, 2008 Texas Lake House

The little girls were not the only girls who objected to the calves going to auction.. The heifers and the bull were bawling long and loud.  But by Tuesday they had forgotten the whole thing and were back to worrying about their special treats.  We have the cheques deposited in the bank.  The calves sold at an average  $1.30 per pound  at a total of 1600 pounds.  I'm certainly glad I don't make my living  in the cattle business.

We have no Internet connection at the ranch, so no little epistle these few days.  It is very interesting how we acquire a habit so quickly.  I have been writing these small web logs for 30 days or so, and already I feel somewhat anxious if I don't complete my 500 words at the computer.  My best character trait has always been my work habits, and I suppose once I have decided  that my task in my 70's is to write this small log, this task has become a priority for me .

I am often asked these two questions.... where on earth how did you find this out of the way place? and what do you do there all day?  Both two good question, which I will answer at a later  date.

No comments: