Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2, 2008, Mexico

Here is another good Christmas book..."October" by Richard Wright,given to me by Dave & Irene.He is another Canadian author worth reading.  He also wrote "Praise for Clara Callan".  And of course, if you have never read any Robertson Davies, start now and you'll be in for a treat.  Of course he is not  a contemporary writer but he is wonderful.  And then there is Alice Munro.  She is the only writer who has made her career writing short stories.

I have no recollection of not being able to read or swim.  My parents would be the only people who might likely know both pieces of insignificant information, but they are not living.  My brother and sister were more involved with their own lives so have no clue about my reading or swimming.  But I can not recall a time when I could nor read or could not swim.  Both activities have been important to me all my life, and both now provide immense pleasure, so I am grateful for whomever taught me .  Now I wonder if I have a faulty memory or did I learn to read or swim prior to memory being developed as a child?  That is yet another of those unanswered questions.

No comments: