Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3, 2009. Western Head, N.S. Home Again.

Every plane trip should go as well as the one today. At 5:45 this morning the traffic to Dulles Airport was light so we arrived in plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast at the airport and an on time departure at 8:30. The flight was uneventful with the pilot dodging the clouds when landing in Halifax. Our trusty Jim had us home by 2:00. I slept for an hour during the drive down to Liverpool. After a quick lunch of left over food from the freezer, I discovered that the truck, which we left outside, would not start, so I was unable to go for groceries. Ken had intended to put the truck in the garage when we left, but I suggested leaving it out side, as we were only gone three weeks. Wrong idea. I should keep my ideas to myself. Ken hooked up the battery charger and soon I was into the grocery store for milk and fruit. Of course, I forgot the list so came home with no coffee.

Dinner tonight with Gill. She is taking sailing classes three times a week so we ate late, after her lesson at five. We three re-hashed the wedding and the people we met that weekend and the part everyone played. Several things are especially noteworthy about coming to Liverpool. One of course are our friends. Second is the sea. It seems ridiculous and redundant, but the waves just keep coming in, hour by hour, but every hour the waves are a bit different. But the best part is taking a hot tub outside, looking at the sky and listening to the sound of the sea. Life does not get much better than that.

No comments: