Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15, 2010. Double D Ranch, Texas. Emeritus

By definition, Emeritus means further association to the institution.    It also means the person is old and has served in some important capacity for a long time.  So the label fits my situation.   I intend to be as helpful as possible  to the agents of the  Gateway Office, even though I am old and have specific situations that do not allow me to always be on duty to the agents.

In addition, I have never wished to be a burden  to the agents by not keeping myself current with the latest  gadget or information.  We have all observed other Managers who retain their position for their own ends rather than for the best interests of the agents.  Our way was to plan a long way ahead and to provide for the agents the management they need and want.  But I do not intend to fade away.  My desire is to be a part of the action and be available to the agents for consultation.

My situation is actually difficult, because although I love my job,  my husband's health is better when he lives in cleaner air, which means, the country.  So you can see we spend time beside the Atlantic Ocean in Nova Scotia and by the Pacific Ocean in Mexico.  In Texas we spend time at the ranch and only come to San Antonio for a day or two at a time.

The most important part is that nothing has changed.  I just elected to be an Emeritus, and definitely not retired!!

5 comments:

rita dickie said...

Hi Ruth,
Keep those pictures coming. I so enjoy them. I also enjoy reading your blog, where you are and what's going on.
take care,
rita

Gary and Diana Ditto said...

Ruth:
Changes in time,place and circumstance are an assult on our conventional comfort and customs. You, as always, take the unconfortable new and face it head on leaving many of us in awe. But you shine a light on the unknown and give us the courage to immulate you. So, as the Grateful Dead taught us, Keep on Truckin.

Gary

Ingrid said...

Hi Ruth,
You are terrific!
Thank you for taking the time to continue to share with us. You are always with this office in spirit and with all the ways you support us. I appreciate your drive, sense of humor,and wisdom.
Enjoy!
Hugs too!
Ingrid

Rambling with Ruth said...

Gary, thank you for your kind words. Ruth.

Rambling with Ruth said...

Ingrid, you also make me smile. We have done a good thing together, and continue into the future. Ruth.