Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010. Canyon Lake, Texas. Birthdays.

Today is Andrew's birthday. As he was born in 1968, he is now 42. Galveston, in John Sealy Hospital, was where he was born. Both Ken and I had been working at the hospital and we had many friends. Ken was a Fellow at the hospital and so I was given a suite where I stayed four days in my splendor. In the sitting area of the suite we set up a bar, where all day and all evening friends came to visit to have a drink and celebrate. It was lots of fun, but the result left me going home tired but happy.

Ken and I were especially happy with Andrew's birth when he weighed in at eight pounds fifteen ounces so we had much to celebrate. My Mother came to visit right after I was home from the hospital, and as I felt well and the baby co-operated, we were entertained by friends in town. Again it was fun and Mother enjoyed her visit, but it took me six months to get back to normal. Fifteen months later, when David was born on July 26, 1969, I never told a soul about being in the hospital and I had Mother come down one month after the birth. Six weeks later, I was back to full strength and energy. It is wonderful to learn from experience.

Now I am up to date with Birthdays. We have given Christina and Andrew their gifts and we celebrated Abigail's birthday Saturday night. Her birthday is May 20, but as we will not be in San Antonio, we purchaser her gift and two cakes as a surprise. Then after dinner while everyone was at the table I told Abigail of her task, which was to go into the garage and find three objects that are new. The garage is full of stuff but after ten minutes she returned with one large new object, then returned to keep looking, finally asking for more clues. Two cakes thrilled her and she was delighted with her new chair, specifically for use on the balcony outside her bedroom. My current birthday responsibilities are for the moment at an end.

No comments: