Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30, 2011. Playa Royale, Mexico. Voyageurs.

My clever niece gave me this book for Christmas, sending it to me directly on my Kindle.  It was a wonderfully efficient  way to give a gift to someone  always on the go.  I was so pleased with the gift and have enjoyed reading Voyageurs.

The author is from Scotland and lives in Glasgow, which surprised me, as I assumed she was a Canadian.  It is very evocative of the landscapes and the topography and I thought that the scenery was a normal part of the authors life.  It is certainly a big part of the book and I wished I had a good map at hand.  Fortunately I am familiar with the areas described but I wished I had a good map.

It is a rollicking good tale that takes place in Upper Canada between 1809 1nd 1814.  Margaret Elphinstone is the author.  The story is somewhat unbelievable but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

No comments: