Sunday, December 4, 2011

December4, 2011. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Birthday Celebration.

The dates are incorrect but the sentiment is just as real.  Today , my brother David and his family and friends, celebrate his 80th birthday,  held at his son and daughter-in-law's home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.   They celebrate birthdays together every December, as four family members have birthdays within a few days of each other, but this year is extra special.   Son Ken and wife Anne from Vancouver  are attending too.   I wish I was there to join  the festivities.   My grandmother Houghton lived to be 95 so I have told Dave that his goal is to exceed that age.   It is a wonderful thing to get to be eighty, especially when in good health, both body and mind.  Dave's birthday is actually on the 18th of December, way too close to Christmas.

Tonight, at  son David and Suzanne's home in San Antonio,  we will  celebrate my 74th birthday, which is on the 6th.   When I turn 80 I will think about celebrating in style such as my brother David, but this time we will have a quiet, low keyed dinner,  together with the girls, at home.   Son David will open a bottle of port, I am sure.   It will please me to spend my birthday party with part of the family.  As Ken correctly says, it is always a special Thanksgiving when we get to spend time with the family!!

No comments: