Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Dinner.

The meal was delicious,  but was especially enjoyable because it was unexpected.   Several aspects of the dinner were commendable.   The girls complimented their Mother for the dinner she had prepared, not once but several times during the dinner.  It seemed to me that many young people take their mothers for granted but last evening they were effusive in their gratitude.

We had expected to drive straight back to the lake after Ken's surgery but rush hour was upon us so I called Suzanne to ask if it was OK to stop a bit at their home to allow the traffic to abate.  She not only said yes but also invited us to stay for dinner, which was to be fish, so the shared meal was a surprise and  a delight.   And the food was wonderful.

Ken needed three prescriptions  so David drove  me to two drug stores to obtain them.  It was not necessary for him to accompany me as the drug stores were close to their home but it was rush hour and it was dark,   and I appreciated his company and his driving.  Once again, I am grateful for my family and their assistance and competence.  It was an unexpected dinner but very pleasant.

No comments: