Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 20, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Birthday Celebrations.

Ken really prefers to ignore his birthdays. But we celebrate his birthday anyway. Tonight, Dave and Irene took our Gull Bay Group out to dinner at Lanes Privateer Inn, just to celebrate Ken's birthday. We nine were merry folks. The food was excellent as was the service. And we did not sing happy birthday, which pleased Ken. I have never understood not celebrating your own birthday. One year, many years ago, I did not remind anyone about my coming birthday, so of course no one paid any attention. No one noted my birthday, not my children, not my husband, not my friends. It was no fun, so from that day until now, I arrange to have a celebration for myself. Of course, I request no presents at my celebration but I want to note the date. After all, your birth was the most important day of your life. Yesterday Ken turned 78. It is a miracle of modern medicine for Ken to be still walking and talking at 78. It is certainly worth celebrating and tonight we celebrated in style, thanks to Dave and Irene. Ken enjoyed it too!!

No comments: