Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Swimming.

Much to my surprise, the water was pleasant. Getting in the water to swim did not take my breath away. The weather at the cottage yesterday was perfect so after lunch and a nap, I put on my bathing suit and headed down to the water to read. So far this season, I have not gotten into the lake. I was waiting for August where the water is warmer. Ken reminded me at breakfast that August had arrived. But I did not rush. I read for an hour and I drank four glasses of water. Then I waited for Ken to come down. He knows that swimming alone is foolish so he wants to be on the deck if I am swimming. Of course, he was quick to realize that he does not swim well, nor did we have a canoe or kayak by the water so a rescue would be impossible. Instead he brought a life jacket to throw to me in any emergency. We did laugh. After spending a couple of hours on the deck by the water, I had two choices: either go up to the bathroom in the cottage or get in the water to swim and pee. Sad but true, I decided on the water. It is a river after all and the water runs down stream at all times. The water was lovely. I did my exercises out by the raft and was not chilly a bit after getting out. Swimming season has arrived.

No comments: