Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 6, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Rita.

Rita is in charge of our kitchen.  Fortunately, she likes to cook.  And she claims that cooking for four people is better than cooking for two, so she is happy looking after us.  During my life time, I have done a lot of cooking but I have cooked because I needed to prepare a meal for my  family or friends, not that I loved to cook. so I have never really understood when people tell me they love to cook.  Ken and I feel fortunate that Rita loves to cook because we enjoy the meals she prepares for us.

Yesterday Rita was off duty.  We were served a wonderful breakfast at the sales presentation and we went out to dinner but today Rita was back on duty.   For breakfast and lunch we four look after our own meals but at dinner, Rita did all the preparation;  chicken, pasta, cauliflower and salad.  Her salads are superb and plentiful.  We eat a salad with every meal.  She wants to make us healthy.

Tomorrow, Ian is taking Rita to 10:00 mass.  When she gets home, she will cook us bacon and pancakes for our Sunday brunch, which is another example of her loving care.   We are lucky to have cousins who are not only kind but also competent.  Hat's off to Rita who is looking after us so well here in Mexico.

No comments: