Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 14, 2008, Western Head, Nova Scotia. Details.

Today I have competed the tasks that were not on my list last week when I thought my tasks had all ready been finished. The more I talked with friends, the more they asked me questions, so a whole new set of tasks appeared on my to do list. So now I have signs ordered to direct people to the cottage, and written directions to get to White Point and to the cottage, also new trash containers which will have signs for sorting the trash. Now I think my list is complete. Now, if I just refrain from talking to anyone about our event I will not develop any more tasks. We go home to Bethesda on Thursday, so I have no more time to do anything anyway. The housing for everyone is in place, the vendors ready I hope, the food service people all prepared, so now all I have to do is relax and enjoy the celebration.

My friend Barbara has done an amazing thing. Her husband Gary is an engineer whose expertise is management, so even though he was retired, he was recruited to work as a manager in Calgary, for a company working in the field of oil exploration. So he commutes to Calgary, and stays there for six weeks or so, then is home in Milton for two weeks. He will be coming home July 31st. His birthday is July 30. Barbara has built a cabin for Gary for his birthday. It is situated half way to the River, behind their house. He knows nothing about it, so he will come home late on the 31st, then the next morning do what he usually does and inspects his property. On the door to the cabin will be a sign that says Happy Birthday Gary. I would love to see his face. The cabin is just darling, with a Lunenbery bump in the front and a deck as well. No windows in the rear, but windows front and side. No electricity and no plumbing. For myself, I can not imagine building a cabin on our property without involving Ken in the process. But I can not imagine having Ken commute to Calgary either. It is great fun to see the little cabin and see the sparkle in Barbaras eyes. She is clearly having fun. Now I await the response from Gary.

No comments: