Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24, 2008. Bethesda, Maryland Ken The Cook.

Our anniversary is on August 27. On that date, Ken will cease to be the main cook in the household. After that time, we will both merely move food around. We had been married for about twenty-five when I had an operation to remove my gall bladder, which took me six weeks for recovery. Ken took over the cooking chores for the family, during my time of recovery. The boys were in High School. One night at dinner when I was back on duty, cooked by me, we voted to elect Ken as the primary cook. Three votes to one in favor of Ken as the chief cook as we three decided we liked his cooking better than mine. He agreed, if the term of the contract was for twenty-five years. So now we are at the end of his twenty-five years of being the chief cook. Our friends Fred and Phyllis do not think we can do this, and that we will end up with Ken continuing to cook. But just watch him. He will cease being the cook on August the 27TH. I think you can bet on it!!

This morning Ken and I went for a walk. It is my favorite time of day to walk, especially when the temperature is 65 degrees and the rain during the night cleared up the dirty air. When we returned home, the coffee was ready for that first cup, made by Ken. This is a very good way to start the day.

No comments: