Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 9, 2008. Western Head, N.S. CANADA. Guests.

Now I can rest in peace. I spoke to my caterer today. I was unable to speak to him this weekend, and I began to get anxious. He is providing dinner for us on Friday and Sunday at our home over the 50th , and he will drop dinners off to us six times during the two weeks, so if he has quit his business just now would make my life difficult during the time of our 50th. But Liverpool is a small town, so I called his uncle to see if he was still in business, and when George answered that indeed he was still in business and very busy, I began to stop worrying. Then of course, Mitchell the Caterer called to make a date with me to finish up on our arrangements. Now I can really sleep well tonight. Mitchell is a very nice young man, who was born and raised in Liverpool. After graduating from one of the fancy culinary schools, he went to work as the sous chef in an expensive restaurant in Halifax. One day he decided to be his own boss, and he came home and opened a carry out and catering business in Liverpool. He loves to cook and he loves to try new dishes on you. It is amazing to me. The best part is that he is still in business here in Liverpool, becauses he is the only caterer in town, so if he moves to a bigger city I am stuck with my own cooking at parties. I do not like to cook, but between the two of us, we can put on a good party.

Joyce and Bill along with two friends are here staying with us for two days. They were in Newfoundland for two weeks. This is their first time to the East coast for Bill and Joyce and they both wondered why it took them so long to go to the east. Joyce and Bill were both members of the Danforth Salvation Army at the same time as us, and have been friends for a long time. They are a bit younger than us. They will also be coming for our 50th celebration too. Florence, an older sister of Joyce was the leader of our Timbrel Group. Now that was a long time ago. The years go by so quickly. It is amazing though, because even though we do not see each other, we pick it all up with never missing a best. Good friends indeed.

No comments: